Do You Worry? How To Stop Worrying
- Leadership Qualities…Do You Have Them? And How Do I Improve Them?
- How To Forgive Yourself
- 5 Ways To Deal With Stress And Change
- 3 Steps On How To Incorporate More FUN In Life
- LinkedIn Infographic From Our LinkedIn 101 Workshop
- 5 Tips To Overcoming Time Management Issues
- How to get abs for LIFE
- ABS IN 8
- Mind Body Empowerment With Dan Nguyen Personal Trainers Torrance CA
- How To Make Energy Flow In Feng Shui Los Angeles Ca
- Do It Yourself Web Videos, Lighting and Sound – Workshop
- Web Design, Development and Internet Marketing
- Overcome Obstacles In Life With Hypnosis Torrance CA
- What Is Insomnia And Its Cures
- Visualization Techniques: Get What You Want By Changing The Self-Talk
- How To Lose 10 Pounds By Simply Changing Your Perspective
- 5 Feng Shui Bedroom Tips To Improve Your Relationships
- Feeling Overwhelmed?
- Embracing Loss To Win In Life
- Working In Perfect Ecology
- Do You Worry? How To Stop Worrying
- Internet Marketing In Torrance
What To Do About All This Worrying!
Do you ever worry? We all probably worry about something at least once in our lives. OK…probably more than once! Have you ever noticed that the actual act of “worrying” or even “panicking” never created a solution? Think back to the last time you seriously worried about something. Aside from the fact that while you were in the most intense moment of that state nothing was getting resolved. How did it feel? Was it a positive state?
Let’s take a look at some statistics..
- 40% of the things we worry about NEVER actually happen.
- 30% of the things have ALREADY happened and there is nothing we can do about it.
- 12% are needless worries about health…worrying actually counteracts the efforts we put INTO health….It creates internal chemical reactions that result in negative physiological maladies over time.
- 10% are really just petty trivial and miscellaneous issues
- 8% (if that) are real worries of which only HALF of them are something we can do about, while the other half we can only do a little about.
“I’ve had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened.” ~ Mark Twain
As a culture, we have been conditioned to worry as a go to response so that it can lead us into a negative motivational state. We all know that we live in a fear-based and fear-driven society, so it makes sense that we are trained to elicit a lead-in emotion or state prior to acting out of fear.
Question is…is that ideal?
When we are problem solving or looking to think with clarity, is it easier to do so in a positive state or negative one? Remember that both our sub-conscious and conscious mind cannot operate in both a positive and negative state at the same time. It’s either one or the other.
So when presented with a challenging situation, if we go to our knee-jerk reaction first and worry or, even worse, panic…how much clarity of the mind can we possibly have to overcome that situation?
It is no coincidence that in almost every movie we see that the character that worries or panics the most ends up meeting an early demise. It’s dramatic, but we manifested it as an understanding of the validity of what we’re talking about here.
We all know the answer, yet why do we continue to do it?
Better yet…how do we eliminate it from our lives?
Here are 3 simple steps to start that shift:
- Understand that you are the only one that creates the thoughts of worrying…yes, it is an internal choice.
Remember when we talked about how the sub-conscious mind does not know the difference between reality and imagination? What then, makes worrying any different? By acknowledging and fully embracing that power within us, we can start replacing that vivid imagination of ours with something that is more useful and thus manifest and create what we want to happen.
- Be present…Be in the moment.
Most of what we worry about is based on something that had happened before or something that we imagine may happen based on what happened in the past. Again, our sub-conscious mind has no concept of past or future…only the now. The past is gone and there is nothing we can do about it…the future has yet to come. All we have is now.
Hint: This is the anti-worry syrum.
- Develop purposeful thinking.
When we have a good hold on the first 2 steps, step 3 is the logical long-term shift. Once empowered with the understanding that it is all within your mind, we can then develop the internal self-talk and visualization to filter and delete the unwanted states of worry. Does this imaginative thought serve my needs at this moment? Does this state of worrying serve my purpose right now? Now…when it doesn’t, here is an extremely empowering next step. Thank your sub-conscious for presenting that thought. Yes…you read right…THANK your sub-conscious for having such a vivid imagination and bringing an idea to your conscious attention. After showing gratitude for that, simply drop that thought and it will quickly dissipate. By thanking yourself, you immediately shift your state into a positive one of gratitude and your internal you will consequently be less likely to cling on to that worry-thought in self-defense. It may seem somewhat unorthodox, but try it! You’ll be pleasantly surprised at the results!
We at The Life Oasis, challenge you to start overcoming the worry within you and let us know what happens! Post a comment on what you had started worrying about and what steps you took to overcome it…then maybe let us know what you used to do instead as a default.